Employee Relations Advisory and Consultative Groups
Engaging stakeholders for input on principles and processes to foster healthy interactions and address workplace concerns in the most respectful, effective, fair, and supportive manner.
At USC, we are building an Employee Relations function that is integral in preventing, managing, and resolving concerns in an effective and thoughtful manner. By cultivating positive working relationships, navigating fairness disputes, embracing transparent and open communication, and resolving personality conflicts, Employee Relations will help enable a safe, productive, and engaged workforce that is resilient and prepared to carry out the university’s mission.
In November 2021, the Employee Relations Advisory and Consultative Groups were convened at the invitation of Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Equity, and Compliance Felicia A. Washington, and former Provost Charles F. Zukoski to provide valuable insight and input for the university’s efforts to improve our systems, processes, and culture; provide better care for our people; and promote accountability in keeping with our Unifying Values.
Building on the work of prior committees, the Employee Relations Advisory and Consultative Groups reviewed current processes and procedures, drafted guiding principles, and made specific recommendations to build a robust Employee Relations unit and provide widespread understanding, confidence, and trust in the processes.
The recommendations of the Employee Relations Advisory and Consultative Groups can be viewed here.
With gratitude for their service (November 2021-December 2022):
Employee Relations Advisory Group
- Kristi Culpepper, President, Staff Assembly
- Stacy Giwa, Vice President, Culture, Ethics, and Compliance
- Elizabeth Graddy, Interim Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Tracy Tambascia, President, Academic Senate
Employee Relations Consultative Group
- Brigid Balcom, Associate Vice Provost, Office of the Provost
- Erika Chesley, Program Director, Auxiliary Services
- Ilene Rosenstein, Associate Vice Provost, Campus Wellbeing and Crisis Intervention
- John Matsusaka, Professor, Marshall
- Lavonna Lewis, Professor, Associate Dean of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Price
- Mark Manley, Executive Director, Professionalism and Ethics
- Patrick Cates, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs, Marshall
- Paula Cannon, Distinguished Professor; Associate Director of Cross School Programs for the MESH Academy; Special Advisor to the Provost, Keck School of Medicine
- Patti Riley, Associate Professor, Director, Global Communication Master’s Degree Program, Annenberg
- Rebecca Lonergan, Associate Director of Legal Writing and Advocacy Program; Professor, Gould
- Jeff Jones, Dornsife
- Kasia Bzdak, Viterbi
- Sonia Miranda, University HR
- Steve Adcook, Marshall
- Wendy Snaer, Gerontology
Advisory and Consultative Support provided by USC HR, Equity, and Compliance (HREC) division including:
- Michael Blanton, Vice President, Professionalism and Ethics
- Moira Mulroney, Senior Advisor, Strategic Initiatives